Monday, September 24, 2018

First Chapter Tuesday/Teaser Tuesday - September 25th


Every Tuesday Vicki at I'd Rather Be At the Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This is what I'm reading this week and the teasers are from the E-ARC ...





First Chapter...

"Lookit!" Ava cried.

"There's your butthead of an ex-husband riding up there on the King Neptune float."

Carmela Bertrand stood on tiptoes and turned ice chip-blue eyes toward the enormous, glittering Mardi Gras float that was steamrolling toward them, lit up like a Christmas tree against the dark facades of historic French Quarter buildings. And sure enough, there he was, grinning from ear to ear as he and two dozen krewe members tossed strands of golden beads into the hands of a screaming frenzied crowd.

Teaser...


Then the entire float began to tremble from stem to stern, its tall mast and billowing sails shaking violently.


What do you think? Would you keep reading?




11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great setting. I've been meaning to read this author. This week I am featuring A Knife in the Fog by Bradley Harper - a historical mystery from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds similar to another cozy mystery I've read, or perhaps it is the same one. I'll have to check my list of read books. See what book MK is featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like fun. I like the setting.

    mine - http://www.aliceaudrey.com/?p=16287

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to keep reading. It seems as if something really bad is about to happen. Good start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the opening. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mardi Gras is a great setting for a mystery, and this one looks good. Love the part about the "butthead of an ex-husband." LOL

    Enjoy! Here's mine: “I KNOW YOU KNOW”

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd keep reading, I like the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd carry on! I love the beautiful cover, which is also kind of creepy! :)

    Here is my Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds rather good; love the cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited about this one! I've got it coming up on my reading list and I'm so excited. I've really enjoyed previous books in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apart from the opening, I would continue for that cover.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.