Thursday, September 13, 2018

Review: Murder at MacBeth by Susan Harper



Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Fairfield Publishing

Release Date:
January 24, 2018









Synopsis from Goodreads:

There’s nothing more relaxing than a day at the theater…until Macbeth is actually murdered
A new cozy mystery from #1 Best Selling Author Susan Harper

Kendell, a fiery flight attendant, and Pauline, a globe-trotting retiree, get stuck in London. Determined to make the best of their layover, they decide to take in a play at the Globe Theater. When the lead actor is murdered on stage, the new friends are thrust into a murder investigation. Can the new friends work together to clear their names and catch the real killer of Macbeth?

Murder at Macbeth is part of the Flight Risk Cozy Mystery series. If you like fast paced mysteries with interesting characters and unexpected twists, you’re going to love the Flight Risk Cozy Mystery series

My Review

Flight attendant, Kendell McDonald, is really frustrated when her plane gets stuck in London and she can’t get a flight back home any time soon. After striking up a conversation with a wealthy passenger, Kendell decides to spend her layover at the theater with her new friend, Pauline. Her boyfriend back home isn’t happy, but Kendell wants an adventure and this is her one chance to have it.

As they watch the play, they are shocked when the lead actor is murdered on stage and Pauline becomes one of the main suspects. Kendall is determined to clear Pauline’s name.

This is the first book in the Flight Risk Cozy Mystery series and I really enjoyed it. It is a short, quick read. The story moves at a nice pace. The characters are a lively group that keeps your attention to the very end. I was quite surprised at how the story wrapped up. I wasn’t expecting that ending. I definitely want to continue reading this series.




For reading challenges:
Craving for the Cozies Reading Challenge 2018

Disclosure: I borrowed this through Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited program. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.