Sunday, December 2, 2018

Review: Christmas at Lakeside Resort by Susan Schild




Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-ARC

Publisher:
Longleaf Pine Press

Release Date:
October 6, 2018




Synopsis from Goodreads:

Christmas at the Lakeside Resort

Love and Adventures after 40

Forty-two year old Jenny Beckett is dreading the holidays. Her fiancĂ© has just called off their Christmas wedding, and she’s been evicted from her darling chicken coop cottage. When her estranged father dies and leaves her eight rustic guest cabins on Heron Lake, Jenny seizes the chance to make a new life. She packs up her dogs, her miniature horse and her beat up Airstream trailer and moves to the lake.

Short on time and money, Jenny and her contractor, widower Luke, work feverishly to renovate the cabins in time for the festive holiday event she’s promised her very first guests. When an unexpected blizzard snows them in and jeopardizes the resort’s opening, Jenny and Luke work to save the event and, along the way, find true love… and the magic of Christmas.

My Review

Jenny Beckett is not doing well these days. Her fiance broke up with her just a few short weeks before their scheduled Christmas wedding. Then, her landlord evicts her. This is definitely going to be a difficult holiday season. But wait…it gets worse. Her estranged father dies. There’s no way she can afford to pay off his debts. She shocked to learn that there aren’t any debts. She has inherited property on Heron Lake. There are several guest cabins that her father planned to turn into a resort.

Suddenly, things are looking up for Jenny as she has a new purpose in life. She’s going to invest in renovating the cabins and opening the Lakeside Resort. She hires a brother and sister contracting team, Luke and Alice. Together they rebuild the property into a holiday vacation spot tourists will adore. As an extra added bonus, Jenny is quite attracted to Luke.

This is the perfect and uplifting sweet romance for this time of year. A real “feel good” story complete with warm fuzzies. Jenny and Luke are two genuinely nice people who I could really care about.

It’s a fast-paced read that made me smile until the last page. I’m looking forward to the next book by this author. She really knows how to bring the sweet romance genre to life in a charming, endearing setting.



For reading challenges:
Literary Escapes Reading Challenge 2018 (North Carolina)

FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from the author and publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.