Monday, December 31, 2018

Review: Murder in Mississippi by Susan Harper




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Fairfield Publishing

Release Date:
May 23, 2018








Synopsis from Goodreads:

A murder that will give you the blues

A cozy mystery from #1 Best Selling Author Susan Harper

Kendell and Pauline are taking a break from their jet-setting ways and taking a road trip to Georgia. When they decide to stay in Mississippi and check out some local events, they soon get more than they bargained for. After an aspiring blues musician turns up dead, the gals find themselves stuck in the middle of another murder mystery. Will the killer get away or will he be singing the jailhouse blues?

My Review

Kendell and Pauline continue their trip to different places, but first Pauline wants to make a stop in her hometown in Georgia. Before they get to Georgia, they make a detour to Mississippi and stay there. There’s a party going on with blues music that both women are anxious to attend.

Just like their previous trips, they come across a dead body and wind up in the middle of a murder investigation. They always seem to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time. The police won’t let them leave town until this murder is solved, so they take matters into their own hands.

This is the fifth book in the Flight Risk series and I’m really enjoying these books. They are fast reads that can be read in one sitting. It’s a nice change of pace between longer books.

I have to admit that I did suspect the killer early on but I still enjoyed following the storyline. The characters are well written and the story moves at a nice pace. The author has a way of writing the setting descriptions that always put me right there. This was no exception. I felt like I was in Mississippi. Fun series and I’ll be back for the next one.




Disclosure: I borrowed this through my Kindle Unlimited subscription. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. Another series I haven't read. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you enjoyed this cozy and this series, Yvonne. Have a safe and happy New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.