Monday, December 17, 2018

First Chapter Tuesday/Teaser Tuesday - December 18th


Every Tuesday Vicki at I'd Rather Be At the Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I'm reading this one this week. These are from the E-ARC.







First Chapter...

The honey-coloured buildings that bordered the market square glowed in the dazzling autumn sunshine. I sat n the dappled shade of an elm tree, watching as tourists and shoppers meandered back and forth along the cobbled streets, soaking up the town's atmosphere of prosperous gentility.

Teaser...

The only indicator that this cafe was different from any of the other eating establishments in Stourton was the chalkboard that stood outside its entrance, proclaiming the cafe 'Open for coffee, cake and cuddles'.

What do you think? Would you keep reading?




6 comments:

  1. I love a descriptive first paragraph that pulls me into the setting. I've been eyeing this book.

    Here's mine: “TRUE PLACES”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might read on. I too like the first paragraph. And the sign outside the cafe is cute. My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yvonne!

    Oh this has such a cute cover, I would have to continue reading lol

    Here's my Tuesday post!

    Hope you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover, intro, and teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuddles?? While I'm drinking coffee and eating cake? No! That's just... wrong. Think of where all that icing and cake crumbs would end up - my hair no doubt! Now a good old natter over a lovely cuppa and a cake - that's far more acceptable!

    A great tease, though - it's got me ranting! Hope you enjoy this one, Yvonne:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a cute Christmas book. See what book MK French is featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.