Friday, April 22, 2011

Book Blogger Hop - 4/22-4/25

Book Blogger Hop

The blog hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books

This week's question comes from Christina who blogs at The Paperback Princesses. She asks:

"If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?"


My answer...

Absolutely! I go online and look for the author's website or check out some of the book sites looking for the author's backlist. Unfortunately, there have been times when I thought the next books weren't as good as the first I read. That's always disappointing, but I still make lists of their work and keep trying other books.

One author that stands out to me is Elin Hilderband. I read one of hers Nantucket Nights and absolutely loved it. So, I went out and bought everything I could find by her (which wasn't easy since her older titles were out of print, but I managed to find them). The next one I read of hers was equally as good. I've sort of got sidetracked from reading her books with other other authors and reviews, but I still collect her books and intend to read them all...eventually :) There are just too many books out there! LOL



5 comments:

  1. If I find a book by a new author, of course I will look for other books by them.

    I have two books by Ms. Hilderbrand on my bookshelves waiting to be read, I don't remember reading any books by her, so I was glad to hear you loved the book you read by her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hilderbrand's books, too. I have a few of hers that I still need to get!

    Here's MY BOOK BLOGGER HOP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm hopping through. I know I love finding new books from authors I love,
    Coreena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this too! hehe
    Stopping by the hop to say hi!

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2011/04/book-blogger-hop-april-22nd-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvonne I totally agree. Some first are amazing the 2nd not so much but I always go for a 3rd just to make sure.

    My post


    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-hop-love-book-want-more-from.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.