Thursday, April 7, 2011

Booking through Thursday - Visual



If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.



This week's question...

So … the books that you own (however many there may be) … do you display them proudly right there in plain sight for all the world to see? (At least the world that comes into your living room.)

Or do you keep them tucked away in your office or bedroom or library or closet or someplace less “public?”

My answer...

For me it has nothing to do with whether they are in the public view or not - it's all about where I can find room. LOL My guest room is filled to the brim with books (although I'm making alot of headway in cleaning them out). I, also, have boxes stacked in the den. I will be consolidating them soon, too. As I have said previously, the only books I'm now keeping are my cozy mysteries and, of course, the books downloaded on my Nook.

I don't really have anything set up nicely for people to see. It was more like stacking them where they won't fall on my cats (I haven't always been successful with that).

funny pictures - move along...
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

13 comments:

  1. sounds like you need to send some of those books on to AUSTRALIA haha jokes,

    good post,

    The Book Mystress, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the cat picture! My cat would do this! Here is my answer http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/04/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are wherever they will fit too! Some favorites I use as part of the decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in a small apartment, so I have what I call My Reading Corner in a corner of my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't seem to part with any of my books even though I know if I got rid of some old ones I could make room for new ones.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/booking-through-thursday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same with me, wherever there is room they will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to show mine off. Check out my response for this week's Booking Through Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very hard to organize , when there is volume and not much space.

    stop and see mine and my giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Space and organization can be a problem. My BTT: http://beyondstrangenewwords.blogspot.com/2011/04/booking-through-thursday-visual.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some in my living room, almost nicely arranged on shelves. What people don't see are those stashed in cupboards, end tables, the shelves downstairs, anywhere I can find space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you - I stack them wherever I have the room! My dream though is to have bookshelves built on the walls in the basement to put them in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me, too - I've got books everywhere. Not really "displayed." Just out there and proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in the same boat--or should I say, my books are; they are everywhere, not so much on display as stored where possible! However, once in a while, if I am "proud" of a book (for various reasons), I may leave it out in a conspicuous place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.