Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris



Genre: Paranormal
Publisher: Recorded Books
Release Date: May 2010
Format: Audio


This is a brief description from Fantastic Fiction :

If you think your family relationships are complicated, think again: youhaven't seen anything like the ones in Bon Temps, Louisiana. SookieStackhouse is dealing with a whole host of family problems, ranging from herown kin (a non-human fairy and a telepathic second cousin) demanding a placein her life, to her lover Eric's vampire sire, an ancient being who arriveswith Eric's 'brother' in tow at a most inopportune moment. And Sookie'stracking down a distant relation of her ailing neighbour (and ex), VampireBill Compton. In addition to the multitude of family issues complicating herlife, the werewolf pack of Shreveport has asked Sookie for a special favour,and since Sookie is an obliging young woman, she agrees. But this favour forthe wolves has dire results for Sookie, who is still recovering from thetrauma of her abduction during the Fairy War.

My thoughts...

I really enjoyed this one. It's the 10th book in the series and with each one they keep adding more and more family for Sookie. I just wish they would include her brother Jason more than they do. Since the book is told from Sookie's point of view, we don't get much of what's happening with the other characters like we do in the TV show. I really need to stop comparing them, but I can't help it. LOL

In any case, Sookie makes such snarky comments and they have me laughing in the car (that's where I listen to the audios). People must think I'm nuts. One scene really had me laughing as Sookie's young cousin (who has telepathic powers like Sookie), blurts out everything people are thinking. He's not as well-trained as Sookie - LOL.

This really is a great companion for me on my way to work. It helps me unwind. Unfortunately, this is the last one for me to listen to. A new Sookie is being released in May, but I'm not sure if the audio will be out and if the library will have it. So.....this might be a completed challenge for me. Although, I'm not going to say that yet. I'm going to wait to see if the audio is available to me before the end of the year.

Now, what am I going to listen to? I'll think of something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.