Thursday, April 21, 2011

Unsavory Delicacies by Russell Brooks



Genre:
Suspense, Thriller

Format:
EBook

Publisher:
Smashwords

Release Date:
April, 2011

Unsavory Delicacies is a short trilogy with three stories filled with tension, angst, and tragedy all rolled into one book.

The first story, “Crème Brulee” features a rogue operative and an operative for a weapons consortium. The rogue operative is determined to get the bad guy.

The next story, “To the Last Bite” is about a food critic and the price he has to pay when his reviews do not meet with everyone’s approval.

Last is “Shashlyk and Morozhenoe”. This one shows that it’s not so easy to be a mob boss and bad things can still happen.

As I said, this is a short trilogy and I was able to read it in less than an hour. My mistake was reading it before I went to sleep. I should have read it during the day. I’m usually not squeamish, but one story just left me thinking “ewwwwwwwwwwwwww”.

It’s not for the feint of heart, but those are the stories I love to read :) This is no exception. Russell Brooks is a “new-to-me” author and I’m going to be looking for more of his work. I’m already going to add his first book Pandora’s Succession to my shopping list. His writing is fast-paced and leaves the readers wanting more.




Check out these links to purchase the book...

Amazon
Amazon UK
Smashwords
B&N
XinXii

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.