Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cat Sayings: wit & wisdom from the whiskered ones by Bradford G. Wheler (Review and Interview)



Genre:
Non-Fiction

Format:
Paperback

Publisher:
BookCollaborative.com

Release Date:
September 2012


Cat Sayings is a beautiful book filled with pictures and drawings of various cats and some lions and tigers, too. Each one is accompanied by quotations appropriate to felines. Many of the quotes are right on the mark and I was nodding my head as I was reading – truer words were never spoken.

The quotations are from very notable people including Winston Churchill to Rodney Dangerfield to Ernest Hemingway, to name a few.

A couple of favorites of mine…

"One cat just leads to another" – Ernest Hemingway
"Those who play with cats must expect to be scratched" – Miguel De Cervantes

You’ll have to read the book for yourself as there are many, many more wonderful quotes like these. Some happy, some sad and some that will just make you smile.

A better celebration of the cat is not possible. This is perfect. I was mesmerized by each photo and drawing. This book is a true work of art and a great gift for any cat lover. It’s a book that will remain in your collection to be displayed for everyone to enjoy.

The author also has similar books for horses and dogs. If they are anything like this book, animal lovers will be thrilled to read them.

5 out of 5 kitties!

FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.





Author Interview



I’d like to welcome Bradford G. Wheler to Socrates’ Book Review Blog. He is the author of several books, including Cat Sayings: wit and wisdom from the whiskered ones. A book that I just had the pleasure of reviewing. Brad graciously agreed to be interviewed, so let the questions begin…

1) Can you tell us a little about your books and how you came up with the idea for them?

After I sold my business I was looking for something different from the field of engineering and construction in which I had spent my career. I was fascinated by how the digital age was changing so many industries and opening up opportunities to many more people. I realized that publishing books was no longer going to be controlled by the larger publishing houses and there would be many ways to have your books published if you were willing to put in the work.

I loved art, and had been a life long collector of quotations. I though it would be fun to try creating books based on these two loves.

After doing much reading and research I decided to establish a publishing company, BookCollaborative.com. There are many ways to have your books published today and, setting up your own publishing company may not be the best or, easiest way for most authors to be published.



2) Where and how do you get the artists to participate in the books? What is the process on choosing which to use?

With the rise of facebook and the large number of artists and art associations on facebook I now primarily use facebook. I also sent emails to the officers of art associations letting them know about the book projects. Then one artist tells another.

I choose the artwork based upon quality, the fit with the theme of the book, variety, and I try to be inclusive of many styles and artists.



3) How long does it take to put together a book like this?

I have been doing one book a year. I usually start inviting artists in January with the idea of having the book published in September. I then spend September to January promoting the book and the artists in it. The best sales are around the Holidays because the books are great gifts.


4) Are you an animal lover?

Yes. It is hard not to be. Growing up I had horses, cats, rabbits and even an iguana. Now my wife and I have a Golden Retriever named Quincy who is sitting at my feet as I write this.


5) Do you have any books coming up or perhaps some book signings?

My next book is “GOLF SAYINGS: wit & wisdom of a good walk spoiled”. It is open for artists to submit artwork now. If anyone is interested they can go to www.BookCollaborative.com for details. It will publish in 2013.

Thank you for spending time with us at Socrates’ Book Review Blog and thank you for the opportunity to review your lovely book.


It is a pleasure visiting with you. As you can tell, I am having a ball with these books. If any of your readers would like a book autographed in a special way, just have them send me an email to my personal email  with what they want BEFORE they order the book from my website.

Thank you for inviting me.

Brad Wheler.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.