Monday, September 3, 2012

Musing Mondays - Writing your own book



If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.





This week’s musing asks…

Have you ever considered writing a book before? What genre would you write?

My answer...

Well, since you asked...yes I have and I've actually completed four manuscripts. I wrote these in the 1990's when I was mainly a romance (Harlequin and Silhouette specifically)reader. My books were targeted for romantic suspense - the Harlequin Intrigue line.

I've been a member of Romance Writers of America for years and attended a couple of writer's conferences. I've submitted my manuscripts to several different publishers and was nicely rejected several times, too :) Then, I decided that I'd stick to reading but now that I've become addicted to cozy mysteries, I'm planning to write one of those. The publishing world is different now than it was in the 1990's, so I'm thinking about self-publishing my work as e-books. We'll see. The writing bug hasn't totally gone from my world and I'm in the process of outline a book right now.

What about you? Ever write or attempt to write a book?

8 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your writing! The more you read, the better your writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up! Many great writers were turned down over and over before someone finally published their book! Now they're among the rich and famous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually yes. I started writing a book when I too was mainly a romance reader. (My Mom was buying them regularly then giving them to me so I had quite a few at one time.) I ended up being too busy to follow through. And now I'm too busy to barely get to read. I doubt I will start again any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right about how different the publishing world is now, and how self-publishing is also different than it was.

    I'll be watching for your books to appear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when you publish that cozy, be sure to let me know! I'll be right there to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm working on a mystery myself...it falls in the cozy category. It's got an academic hookup...set on a small midwestern university campus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yvonne,

    Did you know you were a "no-reply blogger"? so what that means is I can never respond to comments you leave me by email. I was unaware that my blog had defaulted to this until someone told me, and i fixed it. If your want to change yours just go into settings comments and change it.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up. I can't find where to change this. I'll have to look again when I get home from work.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.