Monday, September 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - September 4th



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...


"I know where you're going with this, and it's not even close to possible." Laura shrugged, a smile painted on her lips, and danced away with Trent, leaving Jen alone at the crowded bar with brooding, sexy Shane. She sipped her beer and studied him. He was watching the crowd, his jaw flexing in the shadows.

What did it feel like to know that tomorrow he was going off to war?

18 comments:

  1. What a great teaser! I hope the author switches to Shane's point of view so the reader can find out what he's thinking.
    My Teaser today is from A LOT LIKE A LADY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of to war? :O Wow, your teaser really gripped me, I must know what happened!! Haha, Laura seems like a very enjoyable character :)

    Here's my teaser

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser, this book sounds like a nice romance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice Teaser :)
    here is my teaser:
    http://maryellenbrady.com/2012/09/03/teaser-tuesday-warped-by-maurissa-guibord/

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! Sounds like an interesting book.

    My Teaser Tuesday =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I got distracted by the cover before I could get to the teaser ;) I love the last sentence. Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser--though I agree with noveltease: that cover is a bit distracting. My teaser: A Sand County Almanac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser I had this book on my blog, I don't remember for what but some kind of feature. Liked the sound of it then and still do

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, that's a sexy teaser! Love the first line- "I know where you're going with this, and it's not even close to possible."
    Good stuff! :D

    It would be great if you could stop by my Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed the teaser. Didn't mind gawking at the cover either!
    Here is my TT for this week:
    CarolynBrown-Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I wouldn't want him to go off to war. Seriously, that's a sad time. Never experienced it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Terrific teaser, Yvonne. The cover's pretty enticing as well....

    ReplyDelete
  13. The novel sure sounds good to me after reading that teaser! Hope you enjoy the book!

    My tuesday teaser is from Violet Fire by Brenda Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting teaser! I really like the cover too . . . ;p
    Heres my TT: Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to your thoughts about this book as I've seen it all over lately.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.