Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Review: The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand


Genre:
Women’s Fiction

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Macmillon Audio

Release Date:
September 2012







Thanks to her ex-boyfriend, Adrienne Dealey is left broke and in desperate need of a job. Her experience is working the front desks of hotels in exotic places. Now, she finds herself in Nantucket and looking for someone to hire her. The owner of the posh, popular restaurant The Blue Bistro, Thatcher Smith, is willing to give Adrienne the chance to be his assistant manager. Adrienne doesn’t hide the fact that she has no restaurant experience at all. Thatcher’s fine with that. He will teach her all he knows.

One person not happy about this hire is Fiona, the chef. A very popular and excellent chef. There’s a mystery that surrounds Fiona. Thatcher’s not giving away any secrets but Adrienne can’t figure out why he’s so devoted to Fiona and why they’ve decided that this will be the last summer of The Blue Bistro before the doors close for the last time. The restaurant is packed every night and it makes no sense that they are closing.

Adrienne is determined to find all the answers she seeks. In the mean time, she can’t help but feel drawn to Thatcher and perhaps even fall in love.

Although I listened to this one in the car, it’s a great beach read as well. It’s filled with emotion, intensity and romance. Not to mention that I love the Nantucket setting. Nothing feels more like summer than the sun and beach of Nantucket.

I’m already looking forward to my next Elin Hilderbrand book. She writes the best beach reads.




For reading challenges:
I Love Libraries Reading Challenge 2016
Women’s Fiction Reading Challenge 2016

I borrowed this audio from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I still have not tried her books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does write the best beach book. I have yet to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read one or two of hers, might try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Elin's books, I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.