Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday - June 29th


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This sounds like a great book.




Synopsis from Goodreads:

The ultrawealthy families of Chouteau Forest may look down on a woman like death investigator Angela Richman, but they also rely on her. When a horrific car crash kills a Forest teenager, Angela is among the first on the scene. Her investigation is hardly underway, however, when she suffers a series of crippling strokes. Misdiagnosed by the resident neurologist, Dr. Gravois, and mended by gauche yet brilliant neurosurgeon Dr. Jeb Travis Tritt, Angela faces a harrowing recovery.

It’s a drug-addled, hallucinating Angela who learns that Dr. Gravois has been murdered…and the chief suspect is the surgeon who saved her life. Angela doesn’t believe it, but can she trust her instincts? Her brain trauma brings doubts that she’ll ever recover her investigative skills. But she’s determined to save Dr. Tritt from a death-row sentence—even if her progress is thwarted at every turn by a powerful and insular community poised to protect its own.


Publisher: Thomas & Mercer

Release Date: August 2016


What books are you waiting for?

9 comments:

  1. Ohh, this sounds interesting. I love detective stories. :D Thanks for sharing

    http://www.bemusedbookworm.com/waiting-wednesday-carve-mark/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is new to me. Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=10825”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't make it to Thrillerfest so I spoke to Elaine and she told me where the signing will be and earlier today I placed my order for a personalized copy of the book.

    Dani, this book is a totally new direction for Elaine. Much darker then her other books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one. I haven't seen this one yet. Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read one by her in another series and enjoyed it. This sounds like an interesting and unique book. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh so intriguing! But its not my kind of read, hopefully you'll enjoy it when you read it!
    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love books like this! Thanks for helping me grow my TBR list lol. Happy reading! Here's my WoW if you'd like to stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.