Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Review: Caught Read-Handed by Terrie Farley Moran


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Paperback

Publisher:
Berkley Prime Crime Mystery

Release Date:
July 2015







Sassy Cabot, co-owner of the bookstore/café Read ‘Em and Eat, stops by the local library with a box of book donations. She notices a man who looks very much like her former boss, George Mersky, having an argument with one of the volunteers. The librarian tells Sassy that the volunteer is nicknamed “Tanya Trouble”. Nobody is a big fan of Tanya’s, but they are still shocked when she’s discovered murdered in her hot tub.

Sassy calls George and finds out the man she saw is his brother, Alan. Alan is a veteran with PTSD and the prime suspect in the murder. George and his family quickly come to Fort Myers Beach with the help of Sassy and her friends. They are all convinced that Alan couldn’t possibly have committed this gruesome crime and begin their own investigation.

I loved revisiting Fort Myers Beach in Florida. What a great place to vacation as long as you don’t get caught up in any murders :) Not to mention there is a huge green anaconda, who has the citizens up in arms in fear for their small pets.  There's quite a bit of action for a small town.

This is the second book in this series. I enjoyed the first, but this one is even better. I wish there was a bookstore/café like this in my town – each table is named after an author and features some of their work on it. Very clever and fun for any reader.

The story moves along at a fast-pace. I was surprised by the ending. It was someone I hadn’t suspected. The characters are more and more developed with each book.  I’m very much looking forward to the third book in the series which is coming up very soon. I’m very much anxious to get back to Fort Myers Beach.



For reading challenges:
Blogger Shame Reading Challenge 2016
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2016

FTC Disclosure: The publisher provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one as well and I really wish there was a cafe like the one in the book! I just want to look at all the tables. It sounds like so much fun. I'm looking forward to reading the next one. I've pre-ordered it but there's still the waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this one too. The setting was great and I forgot about the anaconda- that was a nice touch. :) And I want a cafe like that too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this series. I don't live very far from Ft. Meyers Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great, I love surprise endings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've visited Ft. Myers and loved returning in this series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "What a great place to vacation as long as you don’t get caught up in any murders :)" Snort,I think that's true of a lot of places.

    I like the sound of the bookstore and I'm intrigues that the guilty person was someone you didn't suspect. I might see if my library has this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.