Thursday, February 12, 2009

Booking Through Thursday




This week's question...

Suggested by Barbara H.:

A comment on someone else’s BTT question this week inspired this question:

Do you read any author’s blogs? If so, are you looking for information on their next project? On the author personally? Something else?


My answer...

Yes, sometimes I do check out author's blogs. Mainly I'm looking for information on either their next project or information on their backlist. If they share anything personal, I'll read that too but I'm mainly looking for information on their work. Sometimes they give insights into how a particular book came about and I find that interesting. If they write a series, I'm always looking to see when or if it will continue. I also enjoy reading their take on other author's work and reading what types of genres they enjoy reading.

Also, as an aspiring author myself, I'm interested in anything they might write about the writing craft. I find that to be fun to read as well.

11 comments:

  1. I'm like you, except for one who kept my interest. Thanks for sharing. Happy BTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read them for the same reasons you listed. I also like to read about the writing craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yvonne! Long time no see. My post us up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I check mine for future books. Happy BTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a variety of author blogs and find them all to be interesting. Especially since like yourself I'm an aspiring author. They provide a lot of information about writing which is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only one author do I read but not often, I maybe visit her blog once or twice a week at most. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since responding to this week's BTT this morning, I've been looking around at authors in the genres I loved and found some wonderful blogs. I hope I can keep up with them. I listed the ones I found interesting in my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a big reader of author blogs either. I'm an occasional visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It just doesn't usually occur to me to look up an author's blog. But after this week's BTT, I know I'll probably be more likely to in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.