Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Musings



Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about bookmarks…

What do you use to mark your place while reading? Do you have a definite preference? Do you use bookmarks, paper, or (gasp) turn down the pages? If you use bookmarks, do you have a favourite one?


My answer...

First, this is my first Monday Musings. I have no idea why I haven't done this sooner, but it looks to be great fun. If you are interested in joining, just click the button above.

Now, to this week's question, I always use bookmarks. I don't ever have a book without one. I hate, absolutely hate turning down the pages - yuck! I usually have bookmarks with cats on them or authors send me their bookmarks all the time and I use those. I love all different kinds of bookmarks. I don't actually collect them, but when I receive them I do keep them altogether to be used.



MySpace Comments

12 comments:

  1. I love cats, too!! Welcome to MM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats! Cats and books do not belong together.
    It should be lighthouses! ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth :)

    LOL, Caite! I definitely have to keep my cats away from my books. Those claws can do damage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Musing Monday! It's a lot of fun, and I think you'll really enjoy it!

    I don't have any bookmarks with cats on them... but with as much as I love cats I'm pretty surprised at that. I guess it's because I don't buy bookmarks I just use the freebies I get from stores and websites... I would be pretty happy if they gave one with a cat on it, though! It would probably become my new favorite.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another cat lover! My cat has never damaged a book (she did chew a bookmark tassel)- my dogs have chewed books - library books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do use bookmarks too, but I also turn down the pages :o) I cant help myself. lol
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cat and dog both love to chew on the tassels of bookmarks, so I have to use plain, flat paper bookmarks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny we both had our first Monday Musings on the same day. The cat bookmarks sound very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment on my post, and welcome to MM! I have a few cats bookmarks too, somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Re your comment: The ones that "accumulate", not collected, are those I get when I buy books from indies. I mostly use pieces of scrap papers on which I scribble notes as I read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have any cat bookmarks. Maybe I should make one with pictures of Emmy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to MM! Hope to see you back next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.