Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Thingers



Welcome to another week of Tuesday Thingers! We always love to hear from regular participants as well as new people.

This week, our question is inspired by all the group threads that are dedicated to finding the next great book to review.

In order review books on your blog - you've got to GET books!

Today's question: How do you get your books for reviewing? Do you track them somehow (excel, database, etc), or just put them in a tbr (To Be Read for anyone that doesn't know) pile?

My answer: Mainly I have review contacts and I, also, participate in Hatchette Books review program. I'm also signed up for Library Thing's Early Reviewers but I only received one book through them. Sometimes I'll receive an email request from an author or publisher. The rest of the reviews I write are books from my TBR. I review just about every book I read.

I track everything in an excel spreadsheet. That way I know what I have or what I've read. I have a terrible memory and I'll never remember otherwise. LOL

Tuesday-MySpace-Comments
MySpace Comments and Tuesday Comments

5 comments:

  1. My excel sheet is actually becoming quite unwieldy. Maybe I need to start a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got several books from the Early Reviewer program, but haven't snagged anything for a few months now. Guess it's gotten a little too popular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. most of my reviews or books I pick up on my own free will. I am also part of the yahoo group First Wild Card, and I have gotten a good handful of books from them. As for how I keep them all in order... well first I would not use the word order with my TBR list, it is in a notebook, and at least it is done in order my author's last name
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot all about LT Early Reviewers when I answered this question.

    Shana
    Literarily

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I've been signing up for the LT-ER books since August or September and have yet to win one! But that's ok - my tbr pile is big enough - I just get so excited over some of the books they feature!

    I'm trying to put together an Excel spreadsheet and would love some pointers! If you feel like sharing yours with me, let me know.

    Thanks for participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week - What's your favorite genre? ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.