Thursday, February 26, 2009

Booking Through Thursday



Today's Questions:

Hardcover? Or paperback?
Illustrations? Or just text?
First editions? Or you don’t care?
Signed by the author? Or not?


My Answers:

Defintely paperback. They cost less and are easier to travel with. The only authors I get in hardcover are James Patterson and Janet Evanovich for their Women's Murder Club and Stephanie Plum series. I don't even know I do that since I don't get to reading them until they are released in paperback anyway. In the past, I was so excited when their books were released, I couldn't wait. Now, they tend to sit in my TBR for awhile. Other than that, it's just too costly for me to get hardcovers. I buy way too many books as it is.

I only read novels, so the illustrations and text question really doesn't appy. I don't care if they are first editions or not.

As for being signed by the author...it's nice if I can get that, but I don't get to many signings. Plus, I no longer keep everything I read (no room and I never re-read anyway), so the autographed books don't really make a difference to me. Unless it happens to be something I really loved and wanted to save. Like I said, it's nice, but not necessary.


8 comments:

  1. I prefer paperback too. I even sometimes get annoyed when a hardcover comes in for me at the library. I have to haul it home and then I can't really carry it around because it's heavy and big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I feel, too, Meghan. I like to carry a book around with me in case I should happen to have a few minutes to read and it's so much easier to carry a small paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer paperbacks too, but mostly for the cost factor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do re-read some books. But I find it really hard to part with any books, even those I know I'm not likely to look at again. Every now and then I have to grit my teeth and force myself to have a clear-out to make room for new books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The main reason I have so many hardcovers is that I've belonged to a book club for years and that's what you get. However, I do like the trade paperbacks for comfort and convenience. Signed copies are not a big deal for me. I don't live in or close to a big city where book signings take place, so that isn't an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really AT ALL particular about any of these issues! Paperback, hardbound, pictures, autographs...it really pretty much boils down for me to what is on the PAGES.

    Thanks for stoppin' by my blog, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both paperback and hardcover, depends on what's available at the used bookstores. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.