Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Musings




Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about the library…


How often do you visit the library? Do you have a scheduled library day/time, or do you go whenever? Do you go alone, or take people with you?



My Answer:

I'm always at the library. I mainly go to take out DVDs and audio books. I'm afraid I buy too many books and really should get my books from the library, but I don't. Probably because I can't read them fast enough to get them back before they are due. However, the library is how I discovered audio books. They have an excellent selection. They, also, have an excellent DVD section.

My library has an online site where I can put books, DVDs, and CDs on hold or sign up for a waiting list. It's great because once an item is returned or available, they email me and I go and pick them up.

I don't have any particular time when I go to the library. Whenever they have something in for me, I go get it. I'm there at least once a week. I usually go on my own.


9 comments:

  1. I feel like I don't utilize the DVD selection at my library enough. Maybe your post will remind me too when I go this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cat looks evil...I'm scared.
    I can't say that I ever checked out the audio books at my library. maybe because I am never there. But I should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just considering giving audio books a go. I'm not sure how I feel about listening to a story though. But it can't hurt to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The library is a great place for audiobooks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erika Lynn - I've been amazed at the movies I've been able to get at the library. Recent releases that I've been wanting to see. I just have to put my name on the waiting list and it really doesn't take long to get them.

    Caite - The poor kitty is just tired :)

    Jo - I never thought I'd listen to audio books, but I tried them and love them. I only listen when I'm driving to and from work. It's a half hour drive each way for me. So, it's an hour of listening a day.

    Beth - It really is. I've become addicted to them. Like all books, some are better than others, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried audio books but I need new earphones. By the way love Kitty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't feel the need to use the library, it is a good resource for those who want to use it, but I don't feel bad for not using it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely forgot about the dvds! It's so awesome how they have a great collection now and not just weird, obscure and fuzzy VHDs like in the old days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My library has an online site too- which I visit about once a day lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.