Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Salon - It's February Already!



I swear the time is just flying! January is over and February is here. It feels like yesterday we were getting ready for Christmas and New Year's. Where does the time go?

This week has been a deep freeze for us...we had a snow/ice storm and the temperatures dropped to the single digits, but the weekend is warmer. It was 41 today and it's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow. A heatwave!

My husband and I planned out our vacation. We are going to the Dominican Republic and very excited. I can't wait. The trip is about 6 weeks away, but I'm already planning what books to take with me. LOL

This week I finished two books - Duplicity Dogged The Dachshund by Blaize Clement. It was good, but too many mentions of animal torture for my liking, but I did love the heroine. Hopefully the next book in the series won't be like that. I finished listening to the audio version of Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner. It was the sequel to her first and that was good, too.

Now I've begun The Yankee Years by Joe Torre and Tom Verducci. As a Yankee fan, I'm not sure how I feel about Torre telling clubhouse secrets but I'll know more after I read the book. I'm also reading Back to School Murder by Leslie Meier. It's part of her Lucy Stone mysteries. I love this series! I'm also listening to an audio book, Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger. Good so far.

I plan to just be lazy the rest of the weekend and enjoy my time off. Monday will be here before we all know it.

Hope you all have a great week.


Too Much Work!
MySpace Graphics & Myspace Layouts


5 comments:

  1. I am glad the weather is warming up for you, Yvonne. It's 48 degrees where I live right now, but it is night-time.

    How exciting that you and your husband will be going to the Dominican Republic! I love planning for trips. :-)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were talking on the news today about snow showers tomorrow :( I'm ready for some nicer weather personally. Go you on getting through two of your books. I wonder how the Yankee one will turn out, I'm curious to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww...cute kitty.
    DR, very cool! I want to go one day.
    enjoy your week :o)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I love Sudoku cat! Just too hard...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.