Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Baby Album by Roz Denny Fox




Harlequin Super Romance #1586

Life didn’t go exactly as Casey Sinclair planned. She never expected her husband to leave her once she became pregnant. However, that’s exactly what he did leaving her without any money to care for their child or support herself. Her problems seem to improve when she gets a position as a photographer, but her boss adds some complications of his own to the situation.

Wyatt Keene had a very successful photography business until his partner and wife died, along with their unborn child. Things were never the same for Wyatt, but a year later he decides it’s time to get back into the swing of things. He hires Casey, but she reminds him very much of his late wife.

Wyatt and Casey grow close, but Casey keeps her unborn child a secret. She’s scared it will remind Wyatt too much of the wife and child he lost a year ago. Each day becomes more difficult for Casey to keep her pregnancy a secret. She is filled with fear that Wyatt will be angry at this deception and she might lose everything that she is starting to love.

This is a nice romance, but I find it harder and harder to read stories of secret babies. Sometimes it’s just easier to tell the truth, but I guess then there wouldn’t be a story. Casey and Wyatt were both characters I could sympathize with, but I do wish she would have been a bit more honest.

For reading challenge:

A to Z Reading challenge

2 comments:

  1. I agree, the truth would just be easier, but then there would be no story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I avoid books that rely on the "secret baby," unless there's a really good reason, which this one doesn't qualify as.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.