Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dead Game by Jennifer Chase


Outskirts Press, Inc.
Genre: Thriller

Emily Stone is passionate in her quest to catch child kidnappers and killers. She does this without the help of any official law agency. She finds the culprits and emails all pertinent documents to the police. She has ways of finding things they can’t. With the help of her beloved Rick Lopez, an ex-police detective, they try to make the streets safe for the children of the world.

When a friend of Rick’s is found dead, Emily and Rick secretly do their own investigation. The police are convinced it’s an accident, but Rick and Emily aren’t so sure. Suddenly, others are found brutally murdered with their only link being their addiction to a video game, Eagle Eye. Each murder is videoed so they can be played over and over again for this twisted killer. Upon further investigation, Rick and Emily discover Rick’s friend had a connection to the company that produced the game. It’s not long before they realize they have a serial killer on their hands.

Emily and Rick race against the clock in an effort to stop this crazed killer before he or she takes their next victim. They are taken into the high-tech world of video games and meet with the most evil villains they have yet to come up against.

This is edge-of-your-seat reading at its finest. I had a hard time putting this book down. The characters are incredibly well defined and come to life with each and every page. The plot is well crafted and leaves readers wanting more.

Last year, I reviewed the first Emily Stone book, Compulsion, and loved every minute of it. I didn’t think it could get better than that book, but it did with this one. I hope there will be more Emily Stone books in the future.

If you’d like to read more about this author, check out her website at http://jenniferchase.vpweb.com/

I have to give this book a 2010 Socrates’ Great Book Alert medal. I haven’t given any out this year, but it’s the first book that I’ve read in 2010 that I’ve absolutely loved.



For reading challenges:

A to Z Reading Challenge
Read Your Own Book Reading Challenge

4 comments:

  1. I love edge of your seat reading! This book sounds great. Nice review Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked it that much I see, sounds great then :D
    I do like edge of the seat reading too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. Sounds like a book I'd like to read. Thanks for mentioning the first book, as I like to read from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh... this one sounds great! Thanks for the review... I will be on the lookout for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.