Friday, February 12, 2010

Dino Vicelli Private Eye: In A World of Evils By Lori Weiner




Genre: Mystery, Fantasy

This story takes readers on a fun adventure to New York City, but not the New York City we all know. This one is an alternate-reality version where the dogs are running the show.

Dino Vicelli is an Italian greyhound, cigar-smoking private investigator who is hired for, what appears to be, a routine missing spouse case. Dino quickly learns that not everything is as it seems and there’s nothing routine about this case.

When Dino continually ends up at the scene of many crimes, including several murders, he realizes his own life could be in danger. A beautiful Afghan dog, Jezebel, shows up on his doorstep claiming to be able to help him, his heart wants to trust her but his brain is saying something entirely.

Lori Weiner creates a cute story for both adults and young adults. It’s a quirky book and a quick read that takes so many twists and turns you will feel like you are on a rollercoaster. I do hope this will be the first of many more Dino Vicelli books.


For reading challenges:

What an animal challenge

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun quick read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a mad book. I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this does sound cute. i'm glad you liked it!!

    Any chance (if you haven't yet) you could check out this post and enter the giveaway? It would mean a TON for my family (full details there):

    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2010/02/you-read-my-review-now-win.html

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.