Monday, February 8, 2010

Musing Mondays - How many books do you read at a time?



If you'd like to join in on Musing Mondays, just click the button above.


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about a random book.

I’ve seen several bloggers mention reading multiple books this week. Do you frequently read more than one book at a time? Do you try to limit this to a certain number? Do you have different books for different purposes/topics?



Basically, I can only read one book at a time. I get confused easily. LOL The only time I read more than one is if I'm also listening to an audio book. Those I only listen to on my way to and from work. So, I could be listening to a book, but reading a print book at home.

Although, there have also been times when I'd read two different genres at once. I can never ever read two of the same genres at once, but I've read a fiction and a non-fiction at the same time.

Overall, I prefer one book at a time. I don't think I have the concentration level to do more than that. How about you?

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

9 comments:

  1. I cannot read more than one book at a time, one will always take me away from the other. Maybe a business book and a book for pleasure.

    I am reading 2 now but only because Thaw by Fiona Robyn is a journal and I can't just read it straight for some reason.

    I fall asleep with audiobooks so I don't enjoy books like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally read from 3 to 5 books at once-I try to read one classic novel, one Asian work and one contemporary novel-sometimes I am also reading a longer work of history or biography-

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I can understand the confusion...lol
    I wished I liked audio books. I could do that, a 'real' book and an audio. I try to have only one active book..but I always have a few semi-inactive books waiting on the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love audio books too and always have one going. Usually only one book going, but sometimes two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read one book at a time. Not into audio so much. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm one of those who always has at least three books on the go, sometimes more. If one captures my interest though I'll stick with it to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to read one book at a time. I've tried reading multiple things at once and it just doesn't work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just one fiction books--unless I'm reading a non-fiction book also. I can study for travel or for writing using a non-fiction and/or reference book while I have a fiction title going.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.