Saturday, February 20, 2010

Probable Claws by Clea Simon



Genre: Mystery

One of my favorite kitties is back…Musetta and her human, music critic Theda Krakow, is in big trouble.

When cats start getting sick at her friend Violet’s cat shelter, Theda is convinced that this is no accident. Encouraged by Violet’s claim that her animals were poisoned, Theda begins an investigation which leads to some nasty political views, threats and eventually murder. Things get worse when Theda is the prime suspect and the police have no intentions of looking any further.

It’s not long before Theda finds herself losing her job and friends, not to mention that her boyfriend, Bill, isn’t happy with her either. The only one to stand behind her is her beautiful cat Musetta, but Theda’s investigation could mean they are both in danger of being the next victims.

This is the fourth book in the Theda Krakow series and these books just keep getting better. Clea’s writing clearly shows she knows her cats and, for a cat lover like me, it’s so much fun to read. The story took a few twists and turns along the way. I kept changing my mind who the culprit was, but it all came to a satisfying conclusion. This is a fast-paced book that left me wanting more.

It’s my second book in a row that I truly loved and am giving my Socrates’ Book Review Great Book Alert medal to.



For reading challenges:

A to Z Reading Challenge
Cat Sleuth Reading Challenge
Read Your Own Book Reading Challenge

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I should have left a link. If any of your readers want to check out an excerpt, they can at http://www.cleasimon.com - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice :D
    I do love cats so I would like to read something like this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.