Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Tail of the Tip-Off by Rita Mae Brown




Genre: Mystery

It’s winter time in Crozet, Virginia and the town is caught up in cheering the local women’s basketball team. Following one exciting game, H.H. Donaldson, a local building contractor, suddenly dies. At first it’s believed to be a heart attack, but it doesn’t take long before the police realize it was a cold blooded murder.

Harry Haristeen is determined to find the murderer. Her trio of furry best friends, kitties Mrs. Murphy and Pewter, plus Harry’s faithful corgi, Tucker are more than happy to protect their human “mom”. When another body turns up dead, the animals vow not to let the same thing happen to their mother.

I always like to revisit this series led by the tiger kitty Mrs. Murphy. This is a fast-paced mystery, although the outcome wasn’t really all that surprising, it was a good read. The characters are all well developed with most of them reappearing in each book. It’s always fun to check in on characters we’ve grown to love over the years. This wasn’t my favorite of the series, but it was a good one.

For reading challenges:

What an animal reading challenge
Cat Sleuth Reading Challenge
A to Z Reading Challenge
Mysteryreader Café Reading Challenge
Read Your Own Book Reading Challenge

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.