Sunday, February 21, 2010

What an Animal III Reading Challenge



I've been doing this challenge for the last two years. Unfortunately, Kristi at Passion for the Page can no longer host this challenge, so I volunteered to take it over. I'm really excited about hosting this one. For the most part, the rules are all the same from the original challenge.

1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:

a. there is an animal in the title of the book

b. there is an animal on the cover of the book

c. an animal plays a major role in the book

d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).

2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...


3. Challenge runs from March 1, 2010 to February 28, 2011. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books (you can read more if you’d like). You can still sign up after March 1st as long as you can get 6 books read by February 28, 2011 ;o).


4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.


5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.


6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).


7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.


8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.


If you'd like to sign up, please use Mr. Linky below!

Here are my choices...

1. How to Wash A Cat by Rebecca M. Hale Click for review
2. Take the Monkey and Run by Karen Cantwell Click for review
3. Dewey Nine Lives by Vicki Myron Click for review
4. Bloated Goat by Manley Peterson Click for review
5. Making the Rounds with Oscar by David Dosa, M.D. Click for review
6. Murder Past Due by Miranda James Click for review

Please sign up using Mr. Linky below. Please make sure your url is the direct link to your post about this challenge and not to your main blog!



Please use Mr. Linky below to post your reviews, if you have any. Please make sure you list your name and/or blog name and the url should be the direct link to your reviews.



The Mr. Linky below is for your wrap up posts. Once you complete the What an Animal III Reading challenge, please post your wrap up post on your blog and put the link to that post on Mr. Linky below...

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking this fun challenge over! I will work on getting my post up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard for me to pick boosk ahead of time as I only go to the library and they never have what you want when you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you will be joining us, Nise.

    Grilsgood - No need to pick books ahead of time. You can choose them as you go along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is right up my alley! Wonderful challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I done this last year. It was lots of fun trying to find books about animals. I've decided to join up again. I have posted and linked. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yvonne--Signing up a little late, but this sounds fun. I messed up on my first link, so please disregard or delete link #19. I signed up correctly as #20.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm joining thanks for hosting.

    http://suefitz-readingchallenges.blogspot.com/2010/06/what-animal-iii-challenge-march-1-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm shutting down my old blog and starting over with a new and inproved one! I've signed up again with my new url link, and would appreciate it if you could remove my old link and maybe come visit and follow my new page!

    Hugs~
    Crazy Cat Lady
    http://crzycatladyslibrary.blogspot.com/p/reading-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has been a fun challenge which I have now completed-My first 5 books all had animals expression in the title-my last book-Kafka on the Shore-by Huraki Murakami is about a man who can talk to cats, among other things-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I put up a link to my wrap-up which has links to all my reviews. Fun challenge! Are you going to host it again next year?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on finishing the challenge. Yes, I will be hosting this again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. NO blog, so i will post here



    1. Henry, Sue Degrees of Separation
    2. Burgess, Thornton W. Old Mother West Wind
    3. Hopins, Ellen Orca's, the High Seas Superman
    4. White, E. B. The Trumpt of the r Swan
    5. Barrie, J. M. Peter Pan
    6. Brunstetter, Wanta E. A Cousin's Test
    7. Fobes, Tracy To Tame a Wild Heart
    8. Yep, Laurnece the Ghost Fox
    9. Hemingway, Ernest The Old Man and the Sea
    10. Henry, Sue Tne Serphant's Trail
    11. Kehret, Peg Spy Cat
    12. Adler, Elizabeth Now or Never

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a good list of books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Couldn't figure out where to link my wrap-up post, so here it is

    http://readingwithoutrestraint.blogspot.com/2011/01/completed-what-animal-iii-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh - maybe I'll do this if you run it again for 2011-12. Sounds like a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.