Monday, January 4, 2021

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros/Teaser Tuesdays - January 5th



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!



I, also, participate and link up to Teaser Tuesdays.  Here's info about that meme:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



I just started reading this one.  The excerpts are from the 
        E-ARC.





First Chapter... 

Francesca

"No, I said the deadline is Wednesday.  That gives you two days to give me a decent hook or I'm pulling you off the account."

I ignored the glint of resentment in the young man's green eyes, wondering if he thought his charm and good looks trumped talent.  In many places, they did.  But not in my company.


Teaser...

Kate quirked a brow.  "He's been begging to sell something sexier than kids' leomonade."


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Workaholic, career-obsessed Francesca is fiercely independent and successful in all areas of life except one: family. She struggles to make time for her relationship with her teenage daughter, Allegra, and the two have become practically strangers to each other. When Allegra hangs out with a new crowd and is arrested for drug possession, Francesca gives in to her mother's wish that they take one epic summer vacation to trace their family roots in Italy. What she never expected was to be faced with the choice of a lifetime. . . .

Allegra wants to make her grandmother happy, but she hates the idea of forced time with her mother and vows to fight every step of the ridiculous tour, until a young man on the verge of priesthood begins to show her the power of acceptance, healing, and the heartbreaking complications of love.

Sophia knows her girls are in trouble. A summer filled with the possibility for change is what they all desperately need. Among the ruins of ancient Rome, the small churches of Assisi, and the rolling hills of Tuscany, Sophia hopes to show her girls that the bonds of family are everything, and to remind them that they can always lean on one another, before it's too late.




What do you think? Would you keep reading?








6 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one, and the cover is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover and title so I am curious. Hope you enjoy it Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds so good, and I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds like one I would really love. I love this kind of premise and Probst is an author I've been wanting to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.