Friday, January 8, 2021

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - January 8th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


This looks good.  I'm hoping to read this soon.


First Chapter

December 2019, Jersey

Silvana

I was in that strange place - the land between sleep and wakefulness; the land where you're still dreaming but you can hear voices, too.  Voices from the real world.

From 56% on my Kindle...

Mum looked at me carefully, as if she might suspect my plan.  But she nodded.


Synopsis from Goodreads:

After nine bad dates in nine years, single mum Lauren has given up on finding love. Anyway, she has plenty on her plate with her job as an author and the anti-bullying campaign she started on behalf of her daughter Silvana, who has dwarfism.

So when local farmer, Helier, brings a dinner invitation as well as a Christmas tree to their cottage one winter’s day, Lauren turns him down. Besides, doesn’t Helier have a wife? And what about Silvana’s wishes?

In this festive short story, Lauren, Silvana and Helier discover that one day can change everything – and that you should never underestimate the power of a Christmas wish.

Rebecca Boxall is the award-nominated author of six novels – Christmas at the Vicarage, Home for Winter, Christmas on the Coast, The Christmas Forest, Christmas by the Lighthouse and Christmas at the Farmhouse.

 
What do you think?  What are you sharing today?

13 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of this book, but it sounds interesting. That cover is really striking for some reason, too. Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snippets. The book cover is calling to me, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE WIFE UPSTAIRS”

    ReplyDelete
  3. H,
    Really like the book cover and your snippets sound intriguing. I'll have to check this
    one out. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good winter read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does look good. I can appreciate that opening line. My Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  6. The premise sounds so sweet. I'm rooting for them. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have indeed experienced what the narrator talks about in the opening. And then those real sounds or voices get incorporated into my dreams and eventually pull me out of sleep. A Winter's Day sounds like a sweet short story. I am definitely interested! I hope you have a great weekend, Yvonne. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks perfect for this time of year! Thanks for sharing and have a good weekend.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting and I like the sound of Silvana's voice in the teasers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.