Saturday, August 16, 2014

Review: 1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber

Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
MIRA

Release Date:
October 2012


As the owner of Cedar Cove’s Christmas tree farm, Beth Morehouse knows what a busy time of year this is, but she had no idea just how busy it would get. The holiday takes a crazy turn when someone leaves a basket of ten puppies on her doorstep and her two college aged daughters inform her that her ex-husband, Kent, will be joining them for the holidays. The girls are fantasizing of a reunion between their parents, but Beth has a new romance developing with the local veterinarian.  Not to mention that her ex has brought a girlfriend home for Christmas and the ten puppies all need a home.  The girls are afraid it's not going to be a happy holiday after all.

This is the 12th and final book in the Cedar Cove series. This is one of my all time favorite series and this book was as good as the previous ones. It’s a sweet romance centering around the Morehouse family, but we also get a glimpse at what’s been happening with the characters from the other books. Debbie Macomber did a wonderful job in bringing it all together for her loyal Cedar Cove readers. It is a great tribute to all the “friends” I met in Cedar Cove.

Macomber has begun a new series “Rose Harbor” which is a sequel to Cedar Cove. I haven’t started it yet, but I hear some old favorites from Cedar Cove show up in Rose Harbor. Eventually I will start this one too.

As a side note, I’ve been watching the TV show based on this series. It’s a bit different than the books, but just as good. I’m enjoying it just as much as I did reading this series. So, I guess Cedar Cove isn’t quite over for me just yet.



For reading challenges:
2014 Just For Fun Reading Challenge
2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge

Disclosure: I read this book from my own collection. All opinions expressed are my own.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds ,like a good place a to live at

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a nice series. I didn't know there was a show about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could watch the Cedar Cove series, but I don't have cable. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't started the Cedar Cove books but I'm really looking forward to it. I saw the show on Netflix and put it in my To Watch List so I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. Sounds like a nice cup of tea kind of series!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.