Monday, August 11, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - August 12th

Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I'm about to start reading...


"Mom!"

The front door slammed and Beth Morehouse hurried out of the kitchen. Three days before Christmas, and her daughters were home from college - at last! Her foreman, Jeff, had been kind enough to pick them up at the airport while Beth dealt with last-minute chores. She'd been looking forward to seeing them for weeks. Throwing her arms wide, she ran toward Bailey and Sophie. "Merry Christmas, girls."

Squealing with delight, they dropped their bags and rushed into her embrace.

"I can't believe it's snowing. It's so beautiful," Bailey said, holding Beth in a tight hug. At twenty-one, she was the oldest by fourteen months. She resembled her father in so many ways. She was tall like Kent and had his dark brown hair, which she'd tucked under a knitted cap. Her eyes shone with a quiet joy. She was the thoughtful one and that, too, reminded Beth of her ex-husband. Three years after the divorce, she still missed him, although pride would never allow her to admit that. Even her budding relationship with Ted Reynolds, the local veterinarian, paled when she thought about her life with Kent and their history together.



What do you think? Would you continue reading?

16 comments:

  1. I have the first book in this series, but somehow never got round to reading it, and now I feel intimidated between the number of books in this series and its spin-off. I hope you enjoy(ed) it! Mine: Bridge to Terabithia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel drawn in already just by the first paragraph. I've enjoyed some of Macomber's other books but haven't started this series yet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series is on my TBR list. I even have the first 6 books, which I bought as a bundle for my NOOK. So many books, so little time,

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/08/first-chapter-first-paragraph-71-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, it's time to immerse myself in one of Macomber's books, and I'm ready for a Christmas one. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “THE FURIES”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got several Debbie Macomber books on my kindle. I really need to give her a try. This one sounds like a good one. Enjoy. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of this one--and I'm in the mood for a Christmas read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd consider this in a few more months ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Macomber seasonal books, but I couldn't read it now. I just can't do holiday themes before at least November. Enjoy it though! The cover and the blurb are very sweet and sound like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd definitely read this one....sounds like a fun, happy read for the holidays!
    Today I'm featuring Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/08/tuesday-memes-sisterland.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've enjoyed almost all of Macomber's books, and this sounds like another good story. Also looking forward to the next Cedar Cove series on Hallmark soon!
    My Teaser is from WHERE OR WHEN.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a good holiday read.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2014/08/teaser-tuesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds good for the season, but really, Christmas already?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a good character-driven novel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, I want to keep reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the intro a lot and it's a book I'd read -- just not until November or Dec though -- yes, seasonal reader here:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like a lovely read, especially towards the holiday season.
    Peggy @ The Pegster Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.