Monday, August 25, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - August 26th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...


"You know I don't believe in dreams." How can I? I'm of the small percentage of people who never dream. I fall into bed and it's total oblivion for the next eight hours. My brain powers down to sleep mode. No fragments of memories, no images, no dramatic storyline to analyze when I wake up. No dream content, period.

And I have to confess, I like it that way.

What do you think? Would you continue reading?


17 comments:

  1. Definitely interested in this new series. There are times I wish I could fall into "total oblivion," but I have always been a lucid dreamer and go through regular periods of active dreams. It gets tiring -- literally. Mine: The Chocolate War

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd continue reading, it looks like a fun series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks and sounds good...although I can't imagine sleeping without dreaming. What fun would that be? LOL

    Of course, there would be no crazy/nightmare dreams, either.

    Here's “AN ITALIAN WIFE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable cover! I like the intro too. I am in the opposite camp. I remember my dreams quite often. I do know though that the nights I can't remember my dreams are the nights I tend to have gotten the best sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is like that. Not me, I am a crazy dreamer. I'd keep reding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The charming cover appeals to me, and the opening makes me want to know more, especially given the title of the book. I'd read this one.
    Today I’m featuring THE MERMAID GARDEN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spotted this on Cozy Chicks and thought it seemed like a cute premise for a cozy. Yes, I would keep reading, and want to pick it up. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like reading cozy mysteries. I have not read this one yet, but would certainly give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even imagine being able to sleep that soundly and not dream, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone dreams, just that most people don't remember them. They say eating a lot of apples before bed induces dreams. Who knows. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't often read cozies so probably not. Enjoy your book. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really makes you wonder about this character. Enjoy the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am reading this one now, for a book tour!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure, I'd read more - looks and sounds like a fun series.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds kinda blissful. Thanks for sharing!
    My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. never heard about a book with nightmare as the topic. sounds interesting. good teaser. hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.