Friday, August 15, 2014

The Friday 56




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.


It's that simple.

This week I'm reading...




This is from page 56 on my Nook...

"Honestly, Zach, I've baked ham every Christmas Eve since we were married. You'd think after twenty-four years you'd remember that."

"Right. Ham." Now that he thought about it, they did seem to have ham every year. Rosie used the bone for a black bean soup she served on New Year's Day, which was some Southern tradition she'd read about and adopted. It was supposed to guarantee good luck for the upcoming year. He doubted anyone believed that, but he liked black bean soup and so did Rosie.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds good. He's just a bit clueless though. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read some McComber. A very cute cover and I'm getting hungry reading your 56. ^_^
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read some McComber. Very cute cover. I am getting hungry reading your 56. ^_^
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL 24 years? Yeah, you'd think he'd remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! He would irritate me, I'm afraid...LOL.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “SAVE THE DATE”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great description of a typical clueless man! Debbie Macomber's stories are always entertaining and heart-warming, and I'm sure this one is too.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: MADE FOR TWO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's a typical man isn't he? I love Macomber's books, and love watching Cedar Cove too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've really enjoyed the few Macomber books that I've read and I"m looking forward to this one. But seriously if I made ham every Christmas for 24 years and then made another meal out of the leftover bone and he forgot it I'd be about ready to throw the ham at him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He sounds like a bit of a bore. She sounds more like my kind of people.. lol...
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds yummy. I love ham. Her husband seems like the type to forget birthdays and anniversaries too. Uh oh!
    Here is my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/08/15/the-friday-56-32-waking-the-merrow-by-heather-rigney-not-so-nice-mermaids/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of Black Bean soup. It might be tasty. I love this series by Debbie Macomber. I might have stopped at 40 Harbor Street or something like that. I felt as though I knew the people. Trying to read these in order. Sure would like to skip to the Christmas one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.