Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - August 19th

Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I'm about to start reading...



Wending her way through the unfamiliar serpentine streets of Wentworth Cove, Maine, Tracy Ratcliffe followed the directions she received in the mail, turned onto Old Sea Pines Road, and soon located the cottage that would be her sanctuary for the month of July.

Grayson Cottage was smaller, but more charming, than she'd imagined: a butter yellow clapboard with white trim, window boxes full of ruby red geraniums, pink and white dahlias lining a short curved stone walkway from the street to the front door. As instructed by the leasing agent, Tracy fished the key from one of the window boxes, unlocked the door and stepped into the past.



What do you think? Would you keep reading?

24 comments:

  1. I think I'd continue reading -- who wouldn't like an entire month in a cottage by the sea?? Mine: No Graves As Yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I see the cover clearly (couldn't before). Yes I will continue reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover!! And yes, I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover and the setting... would definitely continue! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds so good! And the cover is beautiful! Definitely would keep reading!
    Today I am featuring "Cancel The Wedding' by Carolyn T. Dingman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne, it sounds great so far. Love stories taking place in Maine--enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the description of the setting and would read on to find out why she was there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this one is definitely for me, with its gorgeous cover and lovely cottage. Thanks for sharing.

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/08/first-chapter-first-paragraph-72-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to go there! I would keep reading. I love the intro.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the cover and cottages in Maine are a lovely setting, so if I got to read more I would probably decide to read it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to be there! The cover is beautiful as well. Peggy @ The Pegster Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a beautiful setting. I want to be there! Yes, I'd definitely keep reading.
    My Teaser is from KATIE & THE IRISH TEXAN.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd keep reading, the opening paragraph is wonderful and the cover is very inviting. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, yes, the setting and the feeling of something unexpected about to happen...this one reels me in.

    Love that cover, too. Here's mine: “FALLING INTO PLACE”

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover drew me in first and then the beginning paragraphs and the description of the cottage and the flowers. I'd like to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love the words and the cover. "Stepped into the past" seems like a cliffhanger.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I to loved the last cliffhanging line of "Stepped into the past" - is that the decor of the place, does it bring back past memories for her, or does she step through a time warp of some kind and actually go back in time?!? Here's my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cover, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I definitely enjoyed the description of the setting, but I'm curious to know why she needs a 'sanctuary'... Nice hook!
    My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds absolutely charming and ideal for a month long getaway! I'm jealous!!

    Here's my teaser: The Mockingbird Next Door.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The cover screams, "read me now!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.