Monday, November 2, 2015

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - November 3rd


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I'll soon be reading this one...




First chapter

"Hey, I'm not afraid to say it. The irritating broad deserved to die."

The contentious words came from the second level of Pettisone's Fine Books, drifting down the staircase to the main floor where owner Darla Pettistone was working the cash register. Despite being used to overhearing declarations like this, the venom in these particular words made her pause.


Teaser

"You women are all alike, ganging up on men just to do some sort of female solidarity thing. You won't even admit I might possibly be right."

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

20 comments:

  1. Love cozies -- and the title of this is great. Good opener and teaser. I bet this is a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun and interesting cozy! Love the title!

    Here's my Teaser for this week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/11/teaser-tuesdays-regency-buck.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fun, I would like to read on, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think some badness will be coming down those stairs.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover and that first sentence is an attention grabber. I hope you like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that certainly leaves me with a lot of questions! My teaser is from a non-fiction work: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-10B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, I love the sound of this one! Who doesn't love a story set in a bookstore...and overheard declarations? Those snippets ratchet things up a bit, don't they?

    Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “ICE COLD”

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. When I read the cover, I mistakenly saw "friends" instead of "fiends!" Regardless, this sounds like a fun cozy that I'd enjoy reading.
    My Tuesday post features Emma Knows All.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Love the title--the play on words. I have never played Words With Friends, but I'm familiar with the game. I like the intro you shared quite a bit--that and the teaser fit the title well, actually. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha! That teaser is funny. Hope you're enjoying the book. :)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the title, cover, first chapter and teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the first one in the series but haven't started it yet. It looks like a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would keep reading. I love the title and cover, too. The teaser on my adult blog comes from The Bad Boy CEO by Sugar Jamison. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a good cozy mystery. I might have to look for it later this winter. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I like both the intro and teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like it. Sounds like a great cozy with a bit of snark. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh sounds good - I like a sentence delivered with venom!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love mysteries and set in a bookshop is even better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.