Monday, November 9, 2015

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - November 10th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I'm currently reading...




First chapter...

The tips of the tall turquoise and green hats bobbed in the lightly falling snow as the elves weaved through crowds of painted dolls, toy soldiers, shepherds with their sheep, reindeer, poultry, clowns, sugarplums, gingerbread people and candy canes.

"I feel like an idiot," Jackie grumbled. "If Kyle dumps me because he sees me in this ridiculous getup, it'll be your head, Merry Wilkinson.


Teaser...

But I had more important things to worry about right then than how I looked. "Please, please don't tell me there's a problem," I begged George.

"Darn thing won't start," the old farmer replied.

"It has to start!"

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

13 comments:

  1. Love the title/cover and from the intro, I'd keep reading. Enjoy Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun, I would keep reading. Merry christmas! (kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun, I would keep reading. Merry christmas! (kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this looks fun!! Yes, I would keep reading!

    I'm not so confident that I would keep reading my own feature this week though. LOL http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/11/teaser-tuesdaysfirst-chapter-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love holiday cozies! Even the title made me smile. I would definitely keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a review of this on another blog and it sounded good. The quotes you featured would keep me reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun read....the excepts engaged me, making me want to know more. Thanks!

    Here's mine: “AFTER I DO”

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that intro. :-) I can just picture the scene. Poor Jackie. LOL

    This sounds like a good one. I hope you like it, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like the story is opening up in the middle of a chaotic mall? Not sure, but it sounds like a fun holiday story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, this would be a good one for my holiday reading list. Had to chuckle at the title.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/11/10/teaser-tuesdays-135-tropical-depression/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds light-hearted and a good read so close to Christmas. Thanks for sharing. Here's my teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-115

    ReplyDelete
  12. The teaser and beginning go well together... lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doesn't look like one for me.

    My First Chapter post is here if you're interested: http://www.bookpunks.com/so-it-begins-timebomb-by-scott-k-andrews/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.