Saturday, November 21, 2015
What An Animal IX Reading Challenge 2016
Welcome to the 2016 What an Animal Reading Challenge IX. I began hosting this challenge in 2010, when I took it over from Kristi at Passion for the Page. I love reading books that feature animals and am going to host this one again. I hope you will join me.
The challenge will begin on January 1st. Read on for more details...
The rules are really simple...
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
a. there is an animal in the title of the book
b. there is an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal plays a major role in the book
d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).
Level 1 - Read at least 6 books
Level 2 - Read 7-12
Level 3 - Read 13-20
Level 4 - Read 21 or more
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...
3. Challenge runs from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books.
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to. If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. Or you can sign up by joining my group on Goodreads for this challenge by clicking here.
9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)
I'm going for Level 2 and will list my books here...
1. Sleight of Paw by Patricia Fry (Click here to read my review.)
2. No Cats Allowed by Miranda James (Click here to read my review.)
3. The Ninth Life by Clea Simon (Click here to review.)
4. Fat Cat Takes the Cake by Janet Cantrell (Click here to read my review.)
5. Black Cat's Legacy by Elaine Faber (Click here to read my review.)
6. Pounced by Christy Barritt (Click here to read my review.)
Sign up using the link below. Sign up in this format:
Line #1 - Your Name (Blog name, if you have one)
Line #2 - Link to your sign up post (please post the direct link to your post and not the link to your blog's homepage.)
BELOW IS THE LINK UP FOR YOUR REVIEWS ONLY!!! PLEASE USE THIS FORMAT:
Line #1: Title (Your name/blog)
Line #2: Link to your review (not to your homepage)
Once you complete the challenge, if you post a wrap up post on your blog, link it below.
Line #1: Your name/blog
Line #2: Link to your wrap up post