Saturday, November 21, 2015

What An Animal IX Reading Challenge 2016


Welcome to the 2016 What an Animal Reading Challenge IX. I began hosting this challenge in 2010, when I took it over from Kristi at Passion for the Page. I love reading books that feature animals and am going to host this one again. I hope you will join me.



The challenge will begin on January 1st. Read on for more details...

The rules are really simple...

1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:


a. there is an animal in the title of the book

b. there is an animal on the cover of the book

c. an animal plays a major role in the book

d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).

Level 1 - Read at least 6 books

Level 2 - Read 7-12

Level 3 - Read 13-20

Level 4 - Read 21 or more

2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...


3. Challenge runs from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books. 


4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.

5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.


6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).


7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.


8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.
 If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. Or you can sign up by joining my group on Goodreads for this challenge by clicking here.

9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)

I'm going for Level 2 and will list my books here...

1.  Sleight of Paw by Patricia Fry (Click here to read my review.)

2.  No Cats Allowed by Miranda James (Click here to read my review.)

3.  The Ninth Life by Clea Simon (Click here to review.)

4.  Fat Cat Takes the Cake by Janet Cantrell (Click here to read my review.)

5.  Black Cat's Legacy by Elaine Faber (Click here to read my review.)

6.  Pounced by Christy Barritt (Click here to read my review.)

7.  Claws for Alarm by T.C. LoTempio (Click here to read my review.)

8.  Caught Dead Handed by Carol J. Perry (Click here to read my review.)

9.  Crime and Catnip by T.C. LoTempio (Click here to read my review.)

10. A Familiar Tail by Delia James (Click here to read my review.)

11. The Cupcake Caper by Kelle Z. Reilly (Click here to read my review.)

12.


Sign up using the link below. Sign up in this format:

Line #1 - Your Name (Blog name, if you have one)
Line #2 - Link to your sign up post (please post the direct link to your post and not the link to your blog's homepage.)



BELOW IS THE LINK UP FOR YOUR REVIEWS ONLY!!! PLEASE USE THIS FORMAT:

Line #1: Title (Your name/blog)
Line #2: Link to your review (not to your homepage)



Once you complete the challenge, if you post a wrap up post on your blog, link it below.
Line #1: Your name/blog
Line #2: Link to your wrap up post


25 comments:

  1. I love reading!! I love animals!! Level 4!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it!! This was one of my favorites this year! Thanks for hosting! I'm going for Level 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back for another round! I've still got plenty of animal-related books on the TBR piles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found this one, sounds like fun! I have plenty of books that will work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not look closely at link to my blog. If you can correct it should be: http://raesrumblings.blogspot.com/2015/11/welcome-to-2016-what-animal-reading.html
    Thanks. I probably will do with level 2 7-12.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yvonne,
    I'm joining in on this challenge. I'm going for level 1
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I am so excited to participate again this year. I loved last years challenge! I signed up for level 3! I never realized how many books I read that fit this challenge until I participated this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Level 2 worked for me this year, so I'm going for it again in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been looking in the wrong places - I didn't realise so many people liked books with animal protagonists!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't do a proper link from my mobile, but I added a shelf and a folder in Level 2

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will you be posting a linky for reviews?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be joining in once again. Thanks for hosting this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Commitment complete! But I'm still reading--we'll see how many more I get.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun challenge! I am sad that I missed this one. Do you host this one just once a year and is it always in May? I need to be sure I have the details for the next one! Thanks. -Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nevermind, I just realized that I can still do this one. Yay! Sorry for missing that, I had it in my head that it ended in May. Totally signing up to do this before the end of the year! :) More soon. Thanks! -Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I put my link for Hawkeye: My Life as a Weapon in the list of participating blogs. Really sorry. Could you move it to the right place?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,
    My review and wrap up are posted. Thanks for hosting this reading challenge. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.