Sunday, November 22, 2015

Review: Peril in the Park by Barbara Venkataraman


About the Book

Genre: Cozy Mystery
Format: Audio
Publisher: Barbara Venkataraman
Release Date: May 2015



Synopsis from Goodreads:

There's big trouble in the park system. Someone is making life difficult for Jamie Quinn's boyfriend, Kip Simons, the new director of Broward County parks. Was it the angry supervisor passed over for promotion? The disgruntled employee Kip recently fired? Or someone with a bigger ax to grind? If Jamie can't figure it out soon, she may be looking for a new boyfriend because there’s a dead guy in the park and Kip has gone missing! With the help of her favorite P.I., Duke Broussard, Jamie must race the clock to find Kip before it’s too late.

My Review

Attorney Jamie Quinn has her hands full to say the least. Her boyfriend, Kip Simons, is having a difficult time in his new job as a park director. His employees resent him, someone is vandalizing the park and he’s receiving threats. To add to Jamie’s troubles, her newly found father is having problems getting approved to come to the United States.

I enjoyed listening to the first two books in this series. This book was every bit as good. I love the narrator’s voice. It’s as if we are sitting around the fireplace listening to a story. Jamie’s character gets stronger with each book. The characters surrounding her are a great support group, especially P.I. Duke Broussard. Jamie and Duke play very well against each other.

The mystery was fast-paced. It could have gone in a couple of different directions, but it ended very well. I’m looking forward to the next book in this series.



FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.