Thursday, September 22, 2011

Booking Through Thursday - In Public



If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.



This week's question...

Do you carry books with you when you’re out and about in the world?

And, do you ever try to hide the covers?

My answer....

I carry a book everywhere - well, now I carry an ereader everywhere. You never know when you'll get stuck on a long line waiting and have nothing to do :)

I have to admit, years ago when I was more into romance books than I am now, I would hide covers. Some of the Harlequins would even get a bit raunchy. That's one of the great things about having an ereader - nobody sees the cover or sees what I'm reading.

Funny Pictures - Cat Gifs
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

14 comments:

  1. I also carry Irichi (Nook) with me everywhere! :) But that doesn't stop me from purchasing new books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too :) I carry books :)
    If the cover was a bit embarrassing, I would try to hide it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta take a book everywhere! It pays to be prepared for any waiting anywhere!!

    Here is my BTT: In Public post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gollee, he's just taking advantage.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Nook goes with me to Dr's appointments, that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually have my Nook, an ARC and a hardback. Everything I Carry With Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always have my Kindle or a paperback with me. I do occasionally hide covers, or maybe choose not to take a certain book with me, like if I'm reading a romance with an over the top cover and am going to pick up my daughter at school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only when traveling.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do too. Check out my full answer for this week's Booking Through Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to read Harlequin, but haven't in many years.
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta have my books! Kindles do make it easy to carry around "armloads" of them.

    http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday-got-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I have hidden some of the more nekkid man covers. Dunno why really

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always carry a book with me as well. Those ereaders take all the fun away of spying on other readers to see what has captured their interest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I usually carry my paperback with me too. I'm still old fashioned and dont have an ereader yet :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.