Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thereby Hangs A Tail by Spencer Quinn



Genre:
Mystery

Format:
Audio Book

Publisher:
Recorded Books

Release Date:
January 2010

This is the second adventure of Chet and Bernie, Chet being an adorable dog and sidekick to private investigator Bernie Little. The entire book is told from Chet's point of view and it's truly hysterical. I love it.

In this book our duo is hired by an Italian countess to protect her show dog, Princess, who has received many serious threats against her life. When Chet and Bernie meet the countess and her dog, Chet gets a bit distracted and excited. He eats Princess' treats. This doesn't sit well with her owner and they are fired on the spot. Chet feels bad, but he just couldn't help himself.

Later that same day, the countess and Princess are kidnapped. Bernie feels responsible and decides to investigate on his own, with Chet of course. Together they try to crack this case, but when a friend is put in danger, it becomes more personal than they expected.

I'm proof that even a cat person enjoys this series. Chet has be giggling to and from work with his ramblings. I just love his devotion to Bernie and his insatiable appetite. He loves when they get two for one steak coupons :) Truly, the myatery part of the story isn't that important to me - it's listening to Chet and his take on things that have my interest.



For reading challenge:

What an Animal Reading Challenge

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I am so not a dog person either but if you can like it then I am sure I could too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.