Monday, September 12, 2011

Musing Mondays - Must Reads?




If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.


This week’s musing asks…

What is the one (or maybe two) qualities a book must have for you to pass it along to your best friend as a “must-read”?

My answer...

For me, a book has to strike an emotional chord in me if I'm going to recommend it. I have to fall in love with the characters and truly come to care about them. That's why I enjoy series books so much. With each book, you learn a little more about the characters until they almost become friends.

Of course there has to be a good storyline as well, but the one thing that makes a book for me is if I really become emotionally involved in the book.

funny pictures - I know kung-fu. and I'm  not afraid to use it.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

7 comments:

  1. You are so right, I feel the same. I have to love the characters too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. with mystereis and thrillers, it is not always possible to love the characters...even the 'good' ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when I can fall in love with a character!

    Here's my MM: http://diannehartsock.wordpress.com/my-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower here!

    I feel the same way. I book must resonate with me in some way for me to truly love it and pass it along to a friend. I also need to be able to connect to the characters.

    Here's my Musing

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I recommend books to my friends, it's usually something that kept me up all night because I HAD to finish, I had to know. I fall in love with characters a lot but a heart thumping plot will have me talking about the book for months (years!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way, I need to connect with and care about the characters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.