Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Salon - Not A Good Reading Week



If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, just click the button above.

Somehow I fell into a reading slump this week. I started four or five different books and couldn't finish anything. I guess that happens sometimes. I figured the best way to get out of a reading slump is to go to my favorite genre - cozy mysteries. It worked! I started a review book Liver Let Die by Liz Lipperman and I'm totally enjoying this. It definitely took me out my slump. Plus I will have an interview with this author, so this should be fun.

My exciting news this week - I got a color Nook! I wasn't going to get one but I saw a great deal online and I grabbed it. I love it. Now I can even read at night without needing a book light. I haven't actually began reading on it since the cozy is a regular physical book and I'm still playing with the color Nook and getting to know it a little better.

I'm still in the process of copying some of my cozy reviews to my new cozy blog. That's been fun setting it up.

It's TV's premiere week this week and I have my TiVo set to record my old favorites plus try a few new shows. I'm behind on everything, so I haven't even watched everything yet, but I'm thrilled NCIS: LA is back. I just finished watching the season premiere and it was excellent. I forgot how much I love this show.

Last night we saw Roger Daltery (from The Who) in concert. It was so much fun and he puts on a great show. He did everything from the show Tommy plus some classics from The Who. He's amazing.

So, what have you all been up to this week? Watching premiere season TV? Reading anything good? What's up with everyone?

Hope you all have a great week!





funny pictures - An afternoon of gardening can be tiring...
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

7 comments:

  1. Don't know why book lovers get into reading slumps, but I do every do often. I've been in one for about 3 weeks this time.

    I watched the season premiere of The Mentalist, Murphy's Law, The Biggest Loser, The Big Bang Theory and Hawaii 5-0. I'm as much a tv addict as I am a book addict. Strange, but I've never been in a tv slump!

    Glad you liked the concert!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're out of your reading slump. I've been in one for more than a week, too, but I'm slowly getting out of it - a familiar read or favourite genre helps, as you say. For me it's LOTR.

    I agree with Vicki - never had a TV slump, funny, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about the reading slump, they are the worst :/

    But at least fall shows are back :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your reading slump. Congrats on your Nook Color. That should help get you out of your reading slump.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get into bookstore slumps sometimes. Normally, when I am in the bookstore at least one book will call out to me. Sadly, every now and then all of the shelves remain silent. It is so disappointing, but it always passes eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My tech guy at Staples was showing me that you can crack the Nook Color by downloading a new boot program from online to a SD card and make it a full Pad... then you can download Kindle to it and also read .pdf files. Talk to your local geek at staples and ask.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No need for me to do that, Nora. Both my regular Nook and my Nook Color let me read pdf files. I've already read alot of those.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.