Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Undertaker by William F. Brown




Genre:
Suspense, Thriller

Publisher:
William F. Brown

Release Date:
January 2011

Format:
EBook

Computer programmer, Peter Talbott, is still grieving after the death of his beloved wife, Terri. Lonely, he buries himself in his work until one day he finds himself held at gunpoint by Gino Parini. Parini not only shoves a gun in his face, but he also shoves an obituary in his face. The problem? The obituary is Pete’s, but how could that be when he is very much alive? Then, Parini shows him Terri’s obituary, except this is not her original one. Of course Pete is confused. The obituaries feature their exact details, so it’s not as if it was someone else with the same name. The only difference is Pete isn’t dead and Terri didn’t die in an accident as the obit claims.

Pete is desperate to find out what is happening and why they are using his late wife this way. He begins an investigation which leads him across the globe from California to Ohio to Chicago to New York to Boston. He stumbles upon a plot so devious, he can’t even believe it’s real. He doesn’t know who to trust but someone is killing people and burying them under other people’s names. Pete can’t figure out why someone would do something so horrifying.

Talbott comes face to face with some of the most evil villains – corrupt sheriffs, sneaky politicians, nefarious lawyers and deadly mobsters. As he tries to discover who else has been wronged in this way, he meets up with Sandy. Her former husband was a victim as well, but now Sandy’s life is in danger, too. Can Pete save her? Can he save himself?

This book never rests and it never lets the reader rest. It’s a constant struggle to stop the bad guys from killing them or hurting anyone else. Talk about a heart-racing book, this one is it! It’s the type of book you just can’t put down, you want to keep going until the very end. The characters are crafted perfectly and the storyline keeps flowing from page to page. Fast-paced doesn’t even begin to describe it. Great drama, great adventure, great characters, and a great plot, what more do you need?








FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

For reading challenge…

A to Z Reading Challenge

2 comments:

  1. I gotta mention this to my buddy :D She would totally love it too hopefully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one! I seem to only be able to het imto fast paced books right now. Probably because of my short attention span. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.