Tuesday, December 22, 2015

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - December 22nd


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's book...




First chapter...

On a cold and blustery March afternoon, Ginny Lawther sat in the modern and well-appointed kitchen of her best friend, Cathy Sunders. The kitchen was cozy and warm, filled with the aroma of brewing coffee. The two women stared intently at Ginny's laptop screen as they sat together, reading the ad Ginny created for her brainchild-the Ideal Life Club.

IS THERE A DREAM YOU LONG TO PURSUE?

A TALENT YOU WANT TO TURN INTO A CAREER?

Teaser....

This club will serve as a supportive place to pursue our dreams by encouraging one another as we move out of our comfort zones, and ultimately add fulfillment and pleasure to our lives as we achieve our goals.


What do you think? Would you keep reading?

8 comments:

  1. I could use a club like that! This sounds like it will be interesting, Yvonne. I can't help but wonder what direction the book will go, especially with a title like that. I hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this intro. The scent of freshly brewed coffee is especially enticing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one and it has piqued my interest/ Merry Christmas! Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. neat, trying to tie with the ghosts in the title, lol.
    mine is here: http://francebooktours.com/2015/12/22/first-chapter-first-paragraph-the-641-to-paris/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great club! The cozy kitchen sounds like the perfect place to meet, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “NOVEMBER 9”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting idea for a club. I wonder how it works, and works out. Must be a story there. Here's my teaser/intro: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-15o

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds interesting and very cozy. It's a little different from what I usually read so I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.