Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Review: Guarding Sophie by Julie Brannagh


Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Avon Impulse

Release Date:
November 2015






Synopsis from Goodreads:

Hearts beat and sparks fly when two people find shelter in each other

Seattle Sharks wide receiver Kyle Carlson needs to escape and Noel, Washington, is the perfect place for him to do it and figure out his next step. He likes the seclusion and predictability of the small town…until the biggest surprise of his life turns up in the local grocery store.

Sophie Hayes has her own reasons for disappearing without a trace and moving to Noel. This mountain town makes her feel safe for the first time in a long time. But her quiet routine is threatened when Kyle walks back into her life. Growing up in the same Florida town, she always had a little thing for the sexy football player. This tie to her old life, though, could mean she has to run again, even if her heart wants to stay.

When the reason she fled shows up in Noel, Kyle and Sophie, with a little extra help from his teammates, must decide to stay and fight for the life, and love, they’ve found together.

My Review

Kyle and Sophie are two lost soles looking for nothing more than a peaceful, quiet life. They both have left the turmoil of their lives and wind up in Noel, Washington. It’s a small town, which is why they are surprised when they run into each other. They knew each other a long time ago, but things didn’t work out for them and they went their separate ways. Now circumstances have thrown them together. Maybe they can have a second chance.

This is a light, sweet romance. It moves at a fast pace. Be warned, it’s part of a series but it’s a standalone book. Although it’s #5.5 (it’s a novella between books), I didn’t read any of the previous books and it didn’t matter. Previous characters were mentioned in passing with no interference in the plot of this book. It made me want to read their stories, too.

I loved the camaraderie between the Kyle and his teammates. They are a tight group and this appears to be a nice, romantic series. I’m definitely going to be going back in for more.



FTC Disclosure: Edelweiss provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.