Thursday, December 31, 2015

I Love Libraries Reading Challenge 2016 - Sign Up


I wasn't going to sign up for anymore 2016 reading challenges, but I always participate in this one so I couldn't resist :)  It used to be hosted by Book Dragon's Lair, but it is now hosted by Bea at Bea's Book Nook.

The details:

1. Put a sign up post on your blog and link it below.

2. If you don't have a blog, make a dedicated goodreads shelf (or LibraryThing), make sure it's public, and link it below.

3. Any reading material that can be checked out of your library counts - print books, audio books, digital books, magazines, etc.

4. As part of your sign up post, briefly write why you like using your library - free books, internet access, a quiet place to work, whatever draws you to the library. If you don't have a blog platform, post it in the comments below.

5. Write a review - 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences. Not sure what to write? How about something like, "The characters were a delight but the story was slow and confusing. It was disappointing."

6. There will be a post each month where you can link your reviews. Each linky will run for the calendar year.

7. Pick a level from the list below. You can move up as needed but you can't move down.

8. Books may overlap with other reading challenges.

9. ETA Dec. 17: There's a goodreads group for anyone interested in discussing libraries or books or for tracking your challenge. The group was an outgrowth of yet another library reading challenge that has since ended but the group is still active. The challenge host, The Geeky Blogger, added me as a mod to the goodreads group, come check us out!

Levels:
board book - 3
picture book - 6
early reader - 9
chapter book - 12
middle grades - 18
Young adult - 24
adult - 36
just insert IV - 50

I'm going to sign up for the chapter book level for 12 books. I love my library as I can get e-books from them and audio books. I also get DVDs. My library is wonderful and has so many great services.

I'll be listing my 12 books here...

1.  Pros and Cons by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg (Click here to read my review.)

2.  Booked for Trouble by Eva Gates (Click here to read my review.)

3.  A Sheetcake Named Desire by Jacklyn Brady (Click here to read my review.)

4.  Night of the Living Deed by E.J. Copperman (Click here to read my review.)

5.  The Cracked Spine by Paige Shelton (Click here to read my review.)

6.  Decaffeinated Corpse by Cleo Coyle (Click here to read my review.)

7.  The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarity (Click here to read my review.)

8.  The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand (Click here to read my review.)

9.  The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand (Click here to read my review.)

10. The Inn At Eagle Point by Sherryl Woods (Click here to read my review.)

11.  Agatha Raisin and the Busy Body by M.C. Beaton (Click here to read my review.)

12.  Leonard:  My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man by William Shatner (Click here to read my review.)

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.