Friday, December 4, 2015

Foodies Read 2016


I used to always join this challenge when Vicki from I'd Rather Be At The Beach hosted it. She no longer is hosting this, but the Spirit Blog is now hosting.

Here are the details...

Do you love reading books about food? Do you want to find more recommendations of books to read and to sing the praises of books that you’ve loved?

You’re in the right place. Starting in January 2016, I’ll be taking over Foodie Reads.

We will still have a challenge levels and for those of us who don’t like to plan that much there will be an a la carte option.

Want to challenge yourself? Pick a level below.

Short-Order Cook: 1 to 3 books
Pastry Chef: 4 to 8 books
Sous-Chef: 9 to 13 books
Chef de Cuisine: 14 to 18
Cordon-Bleu Chef: More than 19

Don’t like to plan? Choose the a la carte option and let us know when you read a book about food.
What counts as a food book? Any genre – fiction, nonfiction, cookbooks, etc. If food is a major part of the plot then it counts!

Each month I’ll have a new page for book reviews that you post. You can find the page for the month linked here and on the blog’s right sidebar. Each month will feature some posts from the last month. Posts will be pinned to Pinterest and publicized on Twitter to get the word out. Along the way there may be giveaways for participants.


I'm signing up for the pastry chef level and will list my books here...

1.  A Sheetcake Named Desire by Jacklyn Brady (Click here to read my review.)

2.  Do or Diner by Christine Wenger (Click here to read my review.)

3.  Raisin the Dead by Karoline Barrett (Click here to read my review.)

4. Read to Death by Terrie Farley Moran (Click here to read my review.)

5.  The Crepes of Wrath by Sarah Fox (Click here to read my review.)

6.  Strawberry Cream Murder by Gillian Larkin (Click here to read my review.)

7.  Maple Frosted Murder by Gillian Larkin (Click here to read my review.)

8.  Raspberry Truffle Murder by Wendy Meadows (Click here to read my review.)

6 comments:

  1. Yvonne, this sounds like a tasty challenge (sorry, couldn't resist!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned of this challenge this year but I am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to participating in this challenge. I will participate at the chef de cuisine level

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first year as well, and so looking forward to all the yummyness of reading, cooking, and writing! My favorite things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.