Tuesday, December 29, 2015

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - December 29th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's book...




First chapter...

The Dead Girl

"It's...sensitive," Grady had said on the phone, his voice tight.

Now I understood why. My car crawled down a rural road thick with new snow. It was still dark and way too damn early on a Wednesday morning. The address he'd given me was on Grimace Lane. Turned out the place was an Amish farm in the middle of a whole of other Amish farms in the borough of Paradise, Pennsylvania.

Sensitive like a broken tooth. Murders didn't happen here, not here. The last dregs of sleep and yet another nightmare in which I'd been holding my husband's cold, dead hand in the rain evaporated under a surge of adrenaline. Oh yes, I was wide awake now.


Teaser....

More vehicles pulled up outside. The forensics team, no doubt. I was gratified that Grady had called me in first. It was good to see the scene before it turned into a lab.


What do you think? Would you keep reading?

18 comments:

  1. Not heard of this series but sounds interesting.

    Stormi
    My teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this one sounds good. I'll be on the lookout for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the promising start to a new series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting. I haven't read this author yet, but I like the writing. Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. Mine is also a mystery. My adult teaser comes from Haunting Investigation by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can bet this is one investigation that will be quite complicated. I like the opening and teaser you shared, Yvonne. I'm definitely more in a mystery mood these days and this one sounds good. I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't sound like the usual run-of-the-mill Amish story. More detective than romance, which appeals to me. Here's my intro and teaser from the true story of twins separated shortly after birth: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-15Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great excerpts, and what a stark and wonderful cover. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “BEHIND CLOSED DOORS”

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like everyone is posting murder mysteries today - ha! Unfortunately, they aren't really my cup of tea, but I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am trying to stay away from series reads, but, this does sound good. Hope u enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds very intriguing, I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover but the snippets pulled me in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always seem to find some great murder mysteries on a Tuesday! Nice teaser :D

    Here's my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  14. This does sound promising--I'd read more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read several books that take place in Amish communities and enjoy learning about their values and way of life. Such a lovely cover too.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/12/29/teaser-tuesdays-140-the-company-store-is-this-our-future/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the into and premise. It sounds a lot like the Kate Burkholder series.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.