Friday, December 25, 2015

Review: The Blonde Before Christmas by Anna Snow


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Gemma Halliday Publishing

Release Date:
December 2015






Synopsis from Goodreads...

From author Anne Snow comes a holiday short story about a not-so-dumb blonde who may just be able to save Christmas...

Private Investigator Barb Jackson thought she'd seen it all. But when a last minute shopping excursion leads Barb and her best friend Kelly to a dead Santa Clause beneath the shopping mall Christmas tree, she realizes that not everyone in town is filled with holiday cheer. Jilted lovers, angry elves, and a whole slew of harried shoppers stand between Barb and the truth. But this is one blonde who won't give up that easily! It’s up to Barb and her friends to find the killer and save Christmas before the Santa Claus Killer claims another victim...

The Barb Jackson Mysteries:
Bubblegum Blonde (book #1)
Blondes' Night Out (short story in the "Killer Beach Reads" collection)
The Blonde Before Christmas (holiday short story)

My Review

It’s almost Christmas and private investigator, Barb Jackson, is doing some last minute Christmas shopping with her best friends. When the mall’s Santa Clause is a no show, Barb is stunned when she spots his dead body under the mall’s Christmas tree. Barb is saddened when she realizes how this investigation is going to ruin the lead detective’s family holiday plans. With some help from her friends, Barb intends to crack this case to give the detective and his family the holiday celebration they deserve.

Barb Jackson is a great amateur sleuth. She has strength, drive, and enough humor to make this a light, enjoyable cozy mystery. This is a short novella which introduces us to this cast of characters. It can be read in just a few hours and will get you right into the holiday spirit. My only complaint is that it left me wanting more, which isn’t a bad thing.

I can’t wait for the first full length book in the series.




Disclosure: I purchased this book for my own e-book library. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. This does sound like a fun cozy! I hope you had a terrific Christmas, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a book that I would really enjoy. I am adding it to my list when I am in need of something a little lighter. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.